Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 9 (Thursday)

Sorry I didn't get this to you sooner...our Thursday went fairly well.  We had breakfast in the dinning room. There is a couple here with their daughter who has cancer.  Their names are John and Mary.  Their adult daughter is Ruth. They are also from North Carolina.  They are Amish.  They have some visitors from their community here.  When we all received our food...they began singing a blessing, it was sung in German...I was over whelmed by the beauty of the voices...the melody and the presence of the LORD.   A gift to our spirits from the Lord.

John sat in the court yard to take his IV medications and drew.  I found a sketch pad and color pencils when I made my solo trip to Walmart last week. It is a beautiful place here.

This evening he had some trouble with shallow breath...so he is back on oxygen for the night.  I think we will have
another chest x-ray in the morning.  They may start another round of chemo tomorrow also.  Thank you for your prayers.  Much love and gratefulness...Mary

Verses for today:
I will be anxious  for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, I will let my request be known to You and Your peace, O God, which transcends all understanding, will guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)

I will let Your peace, O Christ, to which I was called as a member of one body, rule in my heart, and I will be thankful. (Colossians 3:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment