Monday, June 18, 2012

A letter from John

Dear ones blessed of the LORD,
I hope this finds you completely convinced our Father is still in full control of all our lives! I am so thankful for this gift of faith in my life more now than ever. Hope all you Dads had a wonderful Fathers Day and that all of you who have said farewell to your earthly Father were comforted by our heavenly Father as I was.
 In talking with our oldest daughter ,Beth Goins, who is still very young by the way, She shared with me that one of the many who had contributed to my health care while we were in Tijuana had asked if we thought it was worth it. The answer is an huge yes.I don't know how clear we were about my condition when we arrived in Mexico but I assure you it was desperate. I had been on a urinary catheter for at least 3 wks. and heavy narcotics for over 2 weeks which barely made my level of pain tolerable. We arrived at night so we only saw the Dr. briefly. I would like to say getting into this dire situation  took place by Divine Providence but really believe it was more due to UN divine stubbornness . You see there is only one thing I have feared more than the cancer and that is chemotherapy. When the Dr. came to visit us the next evening, he sat across from Mary and me and told me they had a lot of great treatments for cancer but the only one he could offer me was chemo therapy and  if he couldn't help me with that he couldn't help me at all. Then he asked me if I would trust him with that. I looked at Mary, only she knew how many times I had said no to chemo, and then back at him and I said yes. When we arrived my weight was 160  about 15 to 20 lbs. off my normal weight. My first x-ray showed my left lung 1/2 full of liquid my second showed it full and my right lung beginning to fill. After two chemo treatments both lungs and literally my whole body was full of fluid and my weight reached 191 lbs. two weeks. later when we left to come home my weight was 140lbs. I truly believe if it hadn't taken that trip, those Drs. and what they did, I would not have lived to receive the care I am now receiving . So thank you all for your sacrificial giving, and for one old man still alive in N.C., who believes it was worth every penny. By the way Uncle Sam has agreed to pick up the tab until August so praise God for all you tax payers too. Thank you all and I hope this hasn't been to long.

               Love and prayers, Johnny Linville

No comments:

Post a Comment